Tuesday, November 15, 2005

"Third" Life

I am still having many problems with Second Life. I somehow got off of Orientation Island, but still hadn't practiced some of the basics. I still don't know how to lift objects. The directions are for a PC, but I have only been able to get Second Life to work in our classroom. I sent an instant message basically calling for help, and was directed to Dore, another location off of Orientation Island where I could practice some movements. I STILL don't know how to lift objects though, the beach ball was still not where it was supposed to be.

I did management to take a snapshot.


I don't consider myself a "gamer," though in junior high I could be found at the local arcades by SDSU (now long gone) every weekend. I used to play Nintendo as well. Since having children, and discovering web development and Photoshop, I do not play very often.

However, I have always loved things that I could customize for myself. I love Build-a-Bear so that I can customize my own stuffed animal, I would like to order My Twinn dolls for my daughters because you can customize them, I like to do my own graphics for my webpages (rather than download existing graphics).....so maybe it is a good thing I can't get Second Life to work at home. I would probably be on it all the time!

Maybe I will try my laptop....its newer than my desktop....hmmmm.

No comments: