Sunday, November 06, 2005

The Love of a Second Life


Greetings to all. Well, my adventures on Second Life have been interesting. I started out looking like this:





Well then I went exploring. I met this really nice guy who was willing to show me around. He gave me some clothes. Upon trying them on, I realized that none of them looked that great on my body. Imagine that, I wouldn't wear them on that body in the real world either. So, then the migration of Angelica emerged into this:

The lesson in which I have learned... Even though I tried to impose my real self into my second life, it was easier, for me as a woman, a heavy one at that, to leave that part of my real life behind. Also, as a heavy woman, no one talked to me. Before I shed to the smallness that you see above you, I tried this out:


That is when all of a sudden I made friends, and that is where I got all of the free stuff. I have tons of outfits for men and women if anyone is interested. I couldn't believe how friendly people were in the world.

Lessons Learned: Since this is a virtual world, where people can see you, appearances do matter, at least for women. Although, I have yet to see many men that are bald unless they are muscle men. So, the same stereo types seem to be passing through.

I talked to a few people about the game that I was going to be making. I did not run into anyone directly that could help. Although, I did meet a mentor who was from San Diego. His name was Doug. He has been in Second Life for over a year and said that he would be willing to give a guest lecture.

So, with this post, I have included pictures and lessons learned. I hope you too are enjoying life and I am looking forward to finding you all online soon.

Angelica Hamsun

No comments: