Saturday, November 05, 2005

My name is Scholten ... Silke Scholten ...

Even though I thought the opposite, I enjoyed a lot the experience of be in the virtual world. In general (with a small amount of frustration and thanks to the Jim tip), I found the way to change my appearance. I chose look quite regular ... as you can see in the picture at the left.
I liked all the features. Some were really girly, change the make up, nail polish color, etc. You can add or remove even freckles and wrinkles !
I also liked choose your body features (so finally I can have the body I want without dieting and exercising :-) ... The programmers did a great job !


I could fly pretty easily, but took me a while discover how to land gently. Most of the time, I just crashed !! (thanks God I do not have osteoporosis). Finally I learnt that 'pressing AND holding PageDown' I can land as gentle as a feather. I also drowned myself several times.
I took this picture when I was flying with my original white jacket. Beautiful view at the sunset.
Other feature that took me a while to get, was how to see my own face. It is done with the camera angle. (>View > Camera Controls ... in the circle of the left, you can control be at the eye level of your own character).

And once I mastered the camara angle, I took this nice picture of myself with the moon.
Peggy & me were exploring the virtual word at the same time. We met virtually and we showed tricks to each other.
The sandbox was really cool, even though I am quite bad when building things is required (ey ! I did not choose be an architect, or engineer in real life either ;-P ... ) I kept playing around, building some cubes, and other shapes, like cilinders, learning how to move objects, etc.

No comments: