Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Guilt-free Candy bars!

Although I know that at least this week one is supposed to focus their attention on turkey and pumpkin pie, for some people this won’t do. Thanks to countless vending machines, well stocked 7-11’s, and the fact that Halloween was only recently, many are thinking instead of candy bars. Of course, if you eat too many of them you will attain largeness, and many people have completely given up these confections.

If you have given them up, but every now and then feel the urge to indulge, here is a guilt-free non- caloric alternative that might satisfy some, and let’s you test your knowledge at the same time. Knowledge of candy bars, that is.
Name that Candybar features 12 cross section photographs of popular candy bars which you first try to identify, then click on a photo to reveal the name. This is from the Thinking Fountain, which is a part of the Science Museum of Min
nesota. I think this format could be used for teaching or reviewing many things, such as food groups, the bones of the body, chemistry symbols, even math equations.

By the way, that is a a BabyRuth bar on the upper left, and a 3Musketeer bar on the right.

It was almost Payday as Rolo and Almond Joy headed for the Kit Kat club. Meanwhile at the ballpark, Baby Ruth Snickered, hoping that Hershey the pitcher would be Butterfingered as he took the Mound(s)….. Sorry, I just couldn’t resist!

1 comment:

mrsallard said...

My husband and I enjoyed trying to figure out the candy bars. What does it say about me that I got almost all of them correct?! I think the only ones I didn't get were Twix and the Pearson's Nut Roll. The former I didn't get because I don't like them, the latter only because I didn't know their name....though I could picture the wrapper. (Hmmm, don't like 3 Musketeers or Twix either, but got them as well).

The second page is harder! The green one I have never even seen! Must be available in another region.