Sunday, November 06, 2005

Interesting Experience

I entered the world of Second Life as Miranda Davison. I like the image they gave me because they gave me a cute outfit, nice jeans and a purple shirt! That was all I liked at first. It was frustrating because I was having difficulties moving around the Orientation Island. I would either move too much to the left or too much to the right. I finally got down the finesse of the keys and was able to move successfully to the end. I then was teleported to the mainland.

Here I explored flying. I like doing that. It seems easier to move around. The people I encountered here were different looking. They didn't have clothes on. In fact, they looked like statues. When I was walking throught this land, I was able to walk through walls and some of the hills. That was interesting. I'm not sure why it did that.

I also explored through some of the features of the game. I browsed through the profiles of the other people playing the game. It was fun to read those. I also searched for various things using the "find" option. I then continued to play the game and walk through the world, but then my computer froze, and I could not get the game to resume. I was unable to continue my journey through the world. I tried closing Second Life and restarting it, but I was unsuccessful. I decided to give it a rest and try it later tonight or tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll have more luck. I was just getting the hang of things, and I still want to chat with people so I can learn more about the game.

I tried uploading 3 images I made while being in Second Life, but I could not get it to work. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks!

1 comment:

Mercedes said...

Miranda:
The images of the screen shots are ".bmp".
Try to rename them with the extensions ".jpeg" or ".jpg", and upload them to blogger (upps before do it, in some editing program just resize the image to a smaller dimension, because SL capture big screenshot.

Regards
Mercedes :-)