Sunday, November 19, 2000

If it has a Face...

Dave,
I would like to read the article, do you have a link or info on it. I agree violence is very subjective. I read an article once that said "funniest home videos" was the most violent show on TV. People are hurt constantly on that show, therefore it is violent. For the most part, I don't think "funniest home videos" is violent because most of the clips are supposed to be accidental happenings. I think an integral part of violence is the intent to harm.


I have been talking to different parents about where they draw the line in violent games. For my 8 yr old, if the person/people/aliens he is destroying has a face, he can't play. My friend calls this first person shooting. He has younger kids, but a similar rule. We do have a gameboy, but not nintendo or playstation, so we can also control violent games this way. What do other people think? do?

No comments: