Sunday, November 05, 2000

Arcade Segregation

In the process of conducting an interview for my webquest project, something interesting was shared with me. Did anyone out there know about the changes being made in arcades in Indiana? It seems that they are now sectioning off arcades according to age appropriate games. Games geared for older children wil be put in a seperate room or behind some sort of curtain. At the very least, they must be positioned a certain number of feet away from games geared for younger audiences. Arcade staff will be stationed be these areas to be sure the children will comply. Arcade games don't get ratings as computer games do so I suppose the state will be setting up the rules as to which goes where. Do you think it will work? I would love to hear more about this. If anyone out there has see anything on the internet about this or knows of any articles out there, I would love to research this further.

No comments: