Monday, November 20, 2000

The First Noelle is the Same as the Last One

Since two of my other group members have commented on our WebQuest project, I feel I should too. I found it quite an eye opener as well. I went in a little naive when it comes to computer games. I don't play them, I knew of very few of them, and it took me two weeks to realize that my brother worked for the company that puts out one of the really violent ones. I guess right there I learned a lot. I do feel I went in with the same position as I ended up with. I went in pretty middle of the road. I could see some of the points of those who spoke against the games as well as the points of those who felt they were not bad. When it came down to it, I wanted to spend my time viewing these games! I saw a few and they really didn't change my view. There need to be restrictions but they don't need to be taken off the shelves. i kept coming back to the statement that parents need to be more responsible for their children. Maybe my view will change when I have children of my own, but as for now, I feel that continued ratings and parental monitoring is the way to go.

No comments: