Sunday, November 12, 2000

If We Could Bottle This...

I have a response to the post Dave Comstock wrote (girlfriend vs playstation). Sort of a response... because I still have the same question. What is it that is SO appealing about computer games to guys that they will set aside every other thing in their life? (including girlfriends). And I don't think it is the way the girls are dressed in the games, or the violence, because my boyfriend can be just as engrossed by computer pinball as by Tomb Raider, featuring Lara of the improbable body. He says it is "relaxing" but it looks a lot more frustrating than relaxing to me the way he pounds away at the keyboard. I always think, if this kind of motivation could be harnessed for a learning environment, there would be no stopping the human race. I guess that's why it seems like a good idea to combine games and learning. If only it was really IMPORTANT to know how Lara gets to the next level...

No comments: