Saturday, November 11, 2000

Goodbye Ms. Chips

As a member of the game violence group, this cloning thing sound like a whole new can of worms. It one thing to go around shooting fictional characters - even when they're people instead of monsters or animals - a completely another when you start putting a real life face on your target. I can see some people arguing that this will let you take your agressions out on a game rather than the actual person. But I can also see some people arguing that this will just allow you the practice to actually take your agression out on that person. For the non-violent games it might be kind of fun and allow you to personalize your play a little more. It would all come down to restrictions again in my mind. I don't think it would be a good idea for violent games so I would like to see it restricted from happening some how in the violent games. But as for for the non-violent games - have fun! I just can't imagine having my students sitting at home in front of their computer blowing my brains out and then coming in to class the next day and getting in trouble for something. I feel like it would be Goodbye Miss Granich!

No comments: