Sunday, November 05, 2000

Girls Just Want to Have...?

This blog is in response to the blog about girls being tech savvy. It said that girls don't find any interest in computer usage. But do you think that this also has to do with a gender issue other than that they are just not interested in computers? To me it seems that girls in highschool don't really think it is the "girlie" thing to do to use computers. Especially in highschool where they are so worried about their peers think of them, they might be considered to be "uncool." I think that has a lot to do with the fact that their interest is not as high as men's. Most girls I know my age are equally if not more tech savvy than I am. It would be interesting to do some type of survey of highschool females to see why they don't express a big interest in computers and technology.

No comments: