Thursday, November 09, 2000

Girlfriend vs. Playstation


This is funny... I found this posting while looking through a discussion board on http://www.videogamereview.com/ for some interesting articles on game violence, I came across something a little more entertaining.

Here it is:

What do females think??"
My best friend called me crying. Her bf, got a PS2 and now it seems he doesn't have time for her, believe it or not. Actually they haven't been getting along lately anyway. She wants to talk about their relationship, he blows her off for Tekken and Madden, but the issues are deeper than that. So after we talked and she cursed the world of videogames, she asked me, "why do guys like videogames so much?" Before I could answer she said, "I'll tell you why, guys are voyueristic. They're perverts so they're voyueristic and can look at that stuff (she means the graphics I guess) and play games all day, and they like doing things with their hands." But is that representative of what girls/women think about guys???My second question is, what do you play? For my female friends that do play it's almost RPGs exclusively

It seems that after reading all of the responses posted (all by other women) to to this, girls think that the majority of the reason guys play video games is because of the sex appeal that is related to what women characters wear in some of the games. I don't know if that is the underlying reson for this guy not spending anytime with his girlfriend, but is kind of humorous. Not only do they go on to express how "lame and immature" video games are but they find time to call every man who plays them pigs and perverts. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that these girls are a little upset at more than just the video games...

No comments: