Sunday, October 29, 2000

I now understand what Chris meant by brain overload. I have been reading about patterns for the last hour and a half. My understanding is moving from a deep fog to an opaque film.

Here is what I have so far:

A pattern describes both the context of a problem and the solution. It also describes specific instances of a pattern.

I don't understand what a force is.

The most interesting page I have found so far:
http://www.bell-labs.com/cgi-user/OrgPatterns/OrgPatterns?WebIndex

This is a list human-resources type patterns, usefull in business to solve management and team work related issues.

For example: the "Sacrifice One" pattern states:
"Small distractions can add up, and sap the strength of the team.

Even small distractions must be handled. But they take time away from the primary task. In particular, any distraction, even a small one, disrupts "flow" time, which costs significant additional time to regain.

Many small distractions are less desirable jobs. "

This made sense to me. Since I am not a programmer, many of the examples are out of context.






Therefore:

Assign just one person to it until it gets handled.

No comments: