Friday, October 20, 2000

I just visited the CoolQuiz site for the first time. [http://www.coolquiz.com/].

CoolQuiz has trivia-type, multiple-choice questions in a zillion categories, mostly about pop culture. The basic structure is that you get to keep answering questions until you get 3-5 wrong, depending on the quiz. Motivationally, the only reason to keep going is to get yourself on the Hall of Fame associated with each quiz. I kept answering away on the Map Quiz until I got my 5th one wrong and ended with a score of 1930, which got me on today's Hall of Fame at the number 2 spot! Before my head had a chance to swell even slightly, I saw that the all time high score on that game was 50000.

I wonder how you could change this game to make it a bit more motivating? They call it a game, but is it?

A feature I didn't check out: you can create your own quizzes. The down side of that is that you'd have to create a whole bargeload of questions to make it playable.

No comments: