Sunday, October 22, 2000

I am a teacher but not a parent and many of the articles that I have been reading on game violence have suggested that parents need to take the blame for the violence of children, not the games. They are saying that parents need to take more care in checking for ratings on the game boxes and take a minute to preview games that children play. They also mention that if parents are allowing these games to be played, they should be discussing the situations with their children. I do have my opinions on this issue, but, as I mentioned above, I am not a parent. For all of you out there who are parents, I would like to know how you feel about this. I thnk it could give me a better perspective. Do feel that it should be the parents' responsibility to censor and preview their child's entertainment or do you think these tyoes of games should be censored from the get go and not even be out on the shelves, thus eliminating the role of the parent as the bad guy? If you have children and a have free moment to comment, I would love to hear what you have to say.

No comments: