Sunday, October 22, 2000

I have just started doing the background reading for my WebQuest (Pattern Language for Game Design) and I think I've already got brain overload! My understanding of patterns prior to these readings was based on my experiences as an elementary school teacher ("Can you arrange your tiles in a red/green/red/green sequence, class?") and from the Board Game Design First Steps from EDTEC 670. Apparently, the whole concept of "patterns" is MUCH more involved. There are even study groups that exist solely to meet on a weekly basis to discuss patterns found in organization, architecture, analysis, etc. (How do these people have time for all this!?) Here's one site address that just about blew my mind. . .http://www.enteract.com/~bradapp/docs/patterns-intro.html

No comments: