Tuesday, October 31, 2000

Boy, it's getting harder and harder to read through all these posts. :) Anyway, I just want to comment on something that Sharon posted on 10/30/00. In regards to the article that she talked about, I wonder if some people aren't just going overboard in having stores begin to card people before selling a "violent" game. Is this really necessary? Is it feasible? Consider for a moment that some find Donkey Kong to be "violent."
She also mentioned that the article pointed out that, "games and movies not 'intended' for children (are) being advertised during times and on channels that children are watching." I wonder if the the source of this article isn't somewhat biased. Further, as I don't watch "those channels" and at "those times," I wonder if she can give "us" some example of these "offensive" things. I just wanted to be clear on what is so offensive and wrong.

No comments: