Monday, October 30, 2006

Second Life Thoughts


My first reaction to Second Life was that it was very frustrating to figure out where to go and how to get there. I actually had to get help from Dilek in order to end up at the SDSU campus. However, despite the initial frustration, I did think it was a pretty neat program and a great idea to create a campus where students could interact and collaborate with one another and other instructors.

I did find it difficult to walk around and look at things while I was trying to read the text that people were typing. I just had a very hard time trying to figure out what to do next because I was trying to do the last instruction I was given.

I did enjoy teleporting to different places, though I found some of them to be a little sketchy. I got a little nervous when there were lots of people around me in a certain world because I didn't know how to interact with anyone. I didn't know if there were certain "rules" that were supposed to be followed. Anyway, I still enjoyed some of the places I visited and I thought it was amazing how much detail there was in some of these worlds. This picture shows one of the places I visited. It actually had a place where you could sit and meditate which I thought was very cool. I enjoyed exploring this world.

No comments: