Saturday, October 28, 2006

Second Life Experience


Probably I would have never tried this game before this class. I got dizzy and had a big headache after playing SL for 15 mins! But overall, it was a very positive experience; it is amazing to see the cool and interesting things that are being developed in S.L, including the SDSU campus. Mari (whom I met in First Life last May in China) and Marguerite have done a great job. I loved the SDSU t-shirt and the lounge. Since I enjoy hanging around or studying in cafes, i chose to take this snapshot.

My main challenges were moving around in S.L., I got frustrated in several occasions, and understanding the different options available in the game. It is so easy to get lost or confused; and that is one of my main concerns about S.L. I wonder if all newbies experience this and if this could discourage/frustrate learners when using SL as an educational tool.

No comments: