Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Playing Games with Kids


I came across this site Board Games To Go
and one particular podcast New Gamer and Gamer Dads that I thought was very intersting. The podcast is by Mark Johnson and he is interviewing David Gullett. They are just talking about the nature of playing games with their kids. Some of it is talking about how they interact with their kids while playing games and how playing games provides some bonding time for them. They also talked about specific games that they have played with their kids and what worked and what didn't. It definitely brought back memories of playing games with my family when I was younger and how I hope to do the same with my kids someday. I also thought about the fact that my husband and I play A LOT of games compared to most people and we thought it was great when we finally found some friends that knew the games we were playing. That is what they talk about in the beginning of the podcast since he is kind of a new gamer. Anyway, it just made me reminisce and I think it might do the same for you.

No comments: