Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Second Lives of San Diegans

On my way out of Trader Joe's the other day, I grabbed the most recent version of the San Diego Reader. I was intrigued by the cover, which depicted a split image comparing a RL person and her SL avatar.

Very cool.

The article featured various San Diegans who have joined SL and the observations of SL newbie, journalist Geoff Bouvier. I enjoyed Bouvier's reactions and interactions as a new SL member, and sympathetically chuckled as I reflected upon my own experiences.

More than once, our very own San Diego State University was mentioned. In fact, the owner of Diegoland (SL location: 216,150,34), Champion Valiant, wants to create a mock SDSU and feature it as a famous San Diego landmark!


(I have yet to visit Diegoland. Have you?)



You can read more about Diegoland and other happenings inworld by perusing an actual SL "newspaper" called The Seventh Sun.

See you inworld!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Interesting. I have visited virtual Key West, FL, but I have not been to the virtual San Diego.