Monday, November 12, 2001

This Saturday night I was up way too late playing "Crazy Taxi." In it, you're a taxi driver (you get to choose between the sexy lady taxi driver and the gruff macho man, among others). You pick up passengers and take them to their destinations. You only have a certain amount of time, and the more "crazy" things you do, like almost hitting cars, but not quite, the more your passenger likes it. You can drive all over the place, including the sidewalk (and watch the people scream and dive out of the way), you can crash into all sorts of things, and your car still works. It was a lot of fun, but I noticed that after playing the game, especially late at night, driving was DANGEROUS! I had to remind myself that I was no longer in Crazy Taxi Land and avoid the urge to just drive like a maniac. I just thought that this might apply to the violence group. I do think that video games can change your take on reality, even if it's only for a little while.

No comments: