Friday, November 30, 2001

Lori - you are not alone. I am constantly having to tell my kids to put their calculators away in my history classes. I think there are several draws. First, it is something they can have at school - I know at my school game boys, etc. can be confiscated. Plus, they might think that because it is on their calculators that they do school work on, it is OK. Last, students can play each other with certain games by using a cord that attaches two calculators or by just passing them back and forth. Just wait until the wireless technology found in Palm Pilots is combined with these calculators, the students are going to be able to a lot more while we try and teach. I also think that if you asked these kids, they probably play video games on their computers or Sony Playstation at home. This is just an extension of that need to play video games, even if the quality is diminished.

No comments: