Wednesday, November 21, 2001

I just received a card game at school called Flags of the World. On one side of the card is the flag of the country with an arrow indicating the direction of the flag. On the other is side is the continent of the country, a small map showing the country's location on the continent, a number to reference the country's location on a bigger map, and 2 facts about the country.

The general idea is that cards are passed out to players and they put them face up in front of them and players try to select cards they know. If not, clues are given such as the capital city. My first thought was that this was remarkably similar to the concept we are developing for our e-game on place knowledge. The second thing I remarked was that the directions provided 5 variations of the game to appeal to different styles, ages...and perhaps gender (I'm in the gender webquest group). Anyway, I thought it was a cool game.

No comments: