Wednesday, October 24, 2001

There are some games that are less violent. I just found a company (Her Interactive) that makes Nancy Drew interactive mysteries. Looks cool! I'd like to try it. It just makes me regret having bought a Powerbook a little when I see all the games for PCs only.

Another couple of games that look really cool and not violent (but I haven't played them, so I can't be sure) are The Road to India and The Longest Journey. In the road to India, you explore India, and I would imagine some of the culture. I played Gabriel Knight Part 2, which takes place in Munich. You get to do a virtual tour of Neuschwanstein, you learn about Ludwig II and Bavaria in general. There was some violence, but the werewolf type that you don't take too seriously. The second Gabriel Knight (there are 3 parts) was made for Macs, but the third one, which takes place in France, is only for the PC. Sorry to be whining about the PC/Mac issue. In any case, my whole point was that there are some cool games out there that don't involve violence/gore. I guess this was a real blog in that I'm bloggering on and on!

No comments: