Sunday, October 28, 2001

Thanks to Ann's pointer to the Studio 360 show, I remembered to tune in yesterday. Most of it wasn't relevant to 670, but I was tickled by the segment about the Ill Clan. This is a group of guys who've taken the Quake engine and turned it into a way to make funny films. One player acts as the cameraman and records the actions of the rest. It's like being puppetmasters of cartoon characters. There's a whole world of activity like this called Machinima (machine cinema). News to me, although it's been going on for years!

It reminds me of a link that I blogged here a year ago about the use of Quake by architects to preview what it's like to move through a building yet unbuilt. Is anyone in the class a Quake player?

I'm getting intrigued. Might this be an approach to explore for the Making History Come Alive e-game groups? Of course we'd have to eliminate the weapons.

No comments: