Wednesday, October 17, 2001

Oops, I almost started this like an email instead of a stream of consciousness...in any case, Yiftach and I went to Game Towne in Old Town. That is a great store! I ended up buying the "Lord of the Rings" boardgame as a Christmas present for my bro-in-law. I was reading a review of it in Games magazine, and I found out that it was designed by Reiner Knizia. Guess he's pretty famous. I checked out his website. There are a lot of his games that appear not to have been translated. I didn't even realize that these games were out there! There's one in particular about Africa. It's not about colonization, but rather new discoveries (animals, cultures, etc.). My friend translated the description for me. It looks neat since it has the battlefield (--can't remember off the top of my head if this is the right term) type of board. I guess if you just go to regular old stores, you're not going to see exciting new games, just the old Scrabble, Monopoly, etc.

I'm not finding this inserting html code very easy. Hope this worked.

No comments: