Tuesday, December 04, 2001

While this isn't a game, I think it fits into the simulation category. Throughout my world history class, I add some art history where it fits into the curriculum. I just spent some time talking about Impressionism and Post Impressionism, then today brought the kids up to the computer lab to do some interactive activities at Biography.com. There is one call Make a Masterpiece which allows the student to try and recreate a famous Impressionist painting. You can change the brush size, the brush type, how much paint is on the brush, and the type of frame. Even my most talkative and easily distracted class ate this up! They spent a good half hour trying to create their work of art. Now the results were mixed, some were really good and others really bad - but everyone tried. Many of the students classified this as "fun" and wanted to do it again tomorrow.... unfortunately for them we will be back to the content...

No comments: