Monday, December 17, 2001

INFOCOM

While graphics are all well and good, don't you miss those text based games that challenged your imagination to create a rich environment that captivated you? I remember playing games like Zork, Enchanter, The Lurking Horror for hours. I can still see the characters created and the scenary I made. They're so vivid I could have sworn I saw them.

The one thing I don't miss is having to type in things exactly - wave the scepter at the rainbow - how many hours did I spend typing in different words to solidify that rainbow. But they provided memories that crop up every now and again. If you've ever been in the library late at night couldn't you imagine seeing the janitor with the floor waxer?

For some interesting information, articles, and downloads check out the INFOCOM homepage

No comments: