Sunday, October 02, 2011

Free Baseball Instruction for Coaches


Recently I was looking for tips on how to improve my coaching. I had played all my life, but was looking for a different perspective. I stumbled on this website and knew I had found a "coaching home". This website has everything you need to know about baseball from drills for the players to ways to enhance your coaching skills.
Attention- As you can see the website itself is an attention getter. The bright colors scream "look at me" as soon as you land on it. I personally was drawn in by the 12 menus that had particular components of baseball. At first I thought I was going to get a video of some sort, but instead was offered a plethora of choices as far as articles that I could read. I was in baseball heaven.
Relevance- Truly this is the best part of the website. Why you ask? Well, you would think being a baseball/softball website the articles would only pertain to that sport. Wrong! The articles pertain to ALL SPORTS....or anything where you find something such as a good "mental game" pertinent. One article is "10 things kids don't want their parents to do" written by a child Psychologist. I found this particular part of the website very well done and every article I saw had something that I could read and use in many parts of my life, not just coaching.
Confidence & Satisfaction- I would think anyone, such as myself, who stumbles on this website would be intrinsically motivated to find information, therefore have confidence and be satisfied when they saw how powerful and informational of a website it is. As soon as I started perusing the different components I learned where to go to read 170 different instructional articles and drills for coaches.
The one main draw for me though was the fact that all of this information was FREE! Many baseball/softball coaching websites want to charge you a fee to look at their advice. This was an instant satisfier for me....all of these articles, and they were FREE!
Overall I found this website to be an invaluable part of any coaches repotiore. Am ust have. I have never found any other site with this much information for free, as well as it being easily accessible and easy to read.

No comments: