Monday, November 10, 2008

Ayiti: The Cost of Life


http://gamelab.com/game/ayiti

The game I played and will review here is called Ayiti: The Cost of Life. The game was created to give players an opportunity to manage the survival of a family of five in Haiti. The game takes place over four years, divided into sixcteen seasons. During the course of each season, the characters perform their assigned roles. Situations occasionally appear which changed the conditions of the job, and led me to have my family work hard or work casually. Special events occasionally came up that affect my family's fortunes.

The goals to reach in the game are to keep your family healthy, happy, get the children educated, and just survive. If my family survives, our success is measured in the education my family got. The more baccalaureates in my family, the better we did.



The purpose of this game is to teach players about the interconnected forces that confront people living in deep poverty.

No comments: