Friday, October 25, 2002

Fun Brain's Curriculum Guide

Teachers in K-6 might find this interesting. Fun Brain has this curriculum guide for teachers and it allows teachers to select online games for their students, according to subject, grade level, and title. For example, I played Grammar Gorilla, one that reviews parts of speech, nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc..., which I think would be perfect for 2nd graders who are barely learning what each part of speech is. I found that most of the focus in these games is on language arts and math. The instructions are not too terribly difficult to read and understand. I can see myself using this web site with 2nd graders and above. It feels a little like "worksheets," but just on the computer. I can see the novelty of some of these games wearing off after a while.

No comments: