Friday, November 10, 2006

Video Games & The Classroom


I'm always up for finding new ways for students to learn. For the most part, I've seen teachers spending half their time with classroom management as they try to cover material for their students to learn. I think a working academic environment is one where students are engaged in the learning. They need a hook, something that will capture their interest and attention.

Video games are the hottest trend among primary students and middle schoolers today. After doing a search on learning and video games, I found this article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/1879019.stm

The article discusses the option of integrating video games/simulation into the school curriculum. I think such an idea would be effective because 1) computer graphics/animation is hot commodity among kids and 2) students will be engaged to learn.

No comments: